The Summit Program is designed for intermediate and advanced players who want to immerse themselves in Rock, Jazz, Blues, Classical, or Songwriting. Students choose classes that focus on specific topics within the genre, apply advanced techniques to repertoire, and work to master their instrument. Opportunities during the week may include studying with a variety of teachers, as well as working with ensembles and/or jam sessions with a rhythm section. Master Guest Artists are involved in clinics during the program.
- The Rock Summit is an intensive program that focuses on different styles and genres of rock music. Students spend their week immersed in the topic of their choice. Summits are a perfect choice for intermediate and advanced players and are offered at several locations. All summit students have additional opportunities to perform throughout the week. Past guest artists have included Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, John 5, Mick Thomson and many more.
- The Blues Summit is an intensive program that focuses on different styles and genres of blues music. Students spend their week immersed in the topic of their choice. Summits are a perfect choice for intermediate and advanced players and are offered at several locations. All summit students have additional opportunities to perform throughout the week. Past guest artists have included Jimmie Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Robben Ford, Sonny Landreth, Joe Bonamassa, Duke Robillard and many more.
- The Jazz Summit is designed for intermediate to advanced level guitarists, bassists, drummers and keyboardists who are looking to be immersed in a week long program of jazz studies. Students will participate in daily classes, ensemble rehearsals, and jam sessions. Past guest artists have included Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Pat Martino, Jim Hall, Bucky Pizzarelli and many more.
- The Classical Summit is designed for anyone who enjoys playing classical guitar. Many of the students are serious advanced players attending or preparing for music school, while others are adult or teenage hobbyists. This summit is best suited for the intermediate through advanced student. Throughout the week students will participate in masterclasses, lectures, ensemble rehearsals and special clinics with some of the world’s best faculty and guest artists. Past guest artists have included Manuel Barrueco, Pepe Romero, Paul Galbraith, Ben Verdery and many more.
- The Songwriting Summit is a one-of-a kind program dedicated to all aspects of songwriting. Morning sessions will focus on the creativity and craft of writing including melody, harmony, lyric writing and jump-starting the creative process. Students will work in solo and group writing sessions and will be coached by members of the NGW songwriting faculty. Past guest artists have included Lisa Loeb, David Wilcox, Martin Sexton and Robert Lee Castleman.